his department deals with disorders of blood. Blood contains various cells (red cells, white cells, platelets) and proteins which provide energy to our tissues, protect us from infections and responsible for many critical biological functions in our body. Diseases of blood affect one or more of these functions and require specialized diagnostic testing and treatment. We offer comprehensive care for such disorders.
- General Hematology.
- Bone marrow transplantation.
This unit deals with non-cancerous blood disorders like:
- Hemoglobinopathies like thalsssemia, sickle cell anemia.
- Bleeding disorders like hemophilia, immune thrombocytopenia( ITP)
- Clotting disorders.
Hemato-oncology unit is a comprehensive unit providing state of the art diagnoses and treatment of all cancers of the blood and lymphatic system. These include:
- Acute leukemia
- Chronic myeloid leukemia (CML).
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL).
- Lymphoproliferative disorders.
- Multiple myeloma.
- Hodgkin’s disease.
The service is provided through specialized clinics and inpatient unit with facilities for administration of intensive chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation.
Bone marrow transplantation
This is a highly specialized treatment which can be curative in certain diseases like thalassemia, aplastic anemia and certain leukemias.
BMT is a treatment option for people who have life threatening blood and immune system diseases. It allows doctors to use high doses of chemotherapy or radiotherapy in order to increase the chances of cure.
- Hemolytic anemia profile
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy.
- Hemoglobin electrophoresis.
- Services of a full- time transfusion medicine specialist
- Easy availability of blood products like packed red cell, FFP, cryoprecipitate, platelets.
- Facility of plasmapheresis and leukopheresis.
Day care unit
- Day chemotherapy administration.
- Blood transfusion for thalassemia.